Date of Birth
“Inspired by the ability to describe and communicate experiences through paint . Connecting directly to the feeling of belonging, both for myself and for the viewer. The works painting style and subject matter changes constantly as I experience and reflect on the world. Certain elements are always evident in my work - emotive spirit, a sense of passing time and of memory connecting with our deepest contemplative thoughts.
I'm naturally concerned with composition, decomposition, colour and form. I like there to be a rhythm and depth in the painting style which draws your eyes across the surface and excites the eyes and the mind. Translating the energy of the subject through the physicality of mark making and gestures. Beautiful almost perfect compositions admiring and understanding the beauty of life.
I celebrate and understand my medium and how it can inspire the outcome.
A fusion of mind and material. My experience with textiles links directly to my love of tactile works and surfaces, and the notion of portraying the personality of your subject matter."
"Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, that region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there.
Myth is nourished by silence as well as by words." - Italo Calvino
"Colours are lights' suffering and joy" - Goethe
- Winner of the Kyffin Williams Drawing Prize.
- Elected one of the youngest ever members of the RCA, the prestigious Royal Cambrian Academy, Conwy, Wales.
- Awarded the International 'Lorenzo il Magnifico' prize by the Florence Biennale for works on paper.
2003 and earlier
- Awarded Fellowship by the RSA The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce.
- BA Hons Textile Design First Class Honours Degree.
- BTEC Diploma in Art and Design specialism in Fine Art (Distinction).
Fellow of the RSA after winning the Student Design Awards
Accepted at The Royal College of Art (MA Printed Textiles) 2003
2000 – 2003
The Manchester Metropolitan University (BA Hons Textile Design)
1999 – 2000
West Cheshire College (Fine Art Discipline)
1992 – 1999
Upton-by-Chester County High School
Exhibitions and achievements
- Major Solo Show Newcraftsman Gallery, St Ives, Cornwall.
- 28th Mar - 21st April Major Solo Show at Ffin Y Parc Gallery, North Wales.
- 19th Jul - 12th Aug Ffin Y Parc Gallery 10th Anniversary Mixed Summer Exhibition.
- 7th Nov - 24th Dec Major Solo Show at David Simon Contemporary, Castle Cary, Somerset.
- 13th Oct - 6th Nov Ffin Y Parc Gallery, Major Solo Show.
- 25th May - 22nd June New Craftsman Gallery, St Ives. Major Solo Show.
- 5th Dec - 30th Jan 2019 Ffin Y Parc Gallery Winter Mixed Exhibition.
- 1st Dec onwards. New collection at Gallerina, Darlington celebrating their 20th Birthday.
- 12-14th October Aviva Investors Manchester Art Fair represented by Ffin Y Parc Gallery.
- July Solo Show alongside Summer Show at Ffin Y Parc Gallery, North Wales.
- December Christmas Show at Ffin Y Parc Gallery, North Wales.
- November Major Solo Show at Ffin Y Parc Gallery, North Wales.
- July Summer Show at Ffin Y Parc Gallery, North Wales.
- July Solo exhibition at David Simon Contemporary, Bath.
- 3-5th March Exhibition of work with Chris Holmes Antiques at Bath Decorative Fair, Bath Pavillion.
- Work shown year-round at Chris Holmes Antiques, Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
- Work shown year-round at Gallerina, Darlington, North East.
- December - Major solo show at Ffin Y Parc Gallery, North Wales.
- Brand new exhibition of work on going at Gallerina's new gallery in Darlington.
- Summer Show at Denise Yapp Contemporary Art, Monmouth South Wales.
- Winter Show at McAllister Thomas, Godalming, Surrey. 28th Nov - 20th Jan 2016.
- Christmas Show at Ffin Y Parc, Llanrwst, North Wales. 29th Nov - 20th Dec.
- 108 Fine Art, Harrogate. North Base Show. Nov.
- Platform Open Exhibition, Morphets, Harrogate. Oct.
- Solo show at Ffin Y Parc, Llanrwst, North Wales. 4th -28th Oct.
- Summer Show at Ffin Y Parc, Llanrwst, North Wales. 16th Aug - 2nd Sept.
- Summer Show at Royal Cambrian Academy, North Wales, 25th - 5th Aug.
- Harrogate Open, Mercer Gallery, Harrogate. Summer.
- North Yorkshire Open Studios - Harrogate Studio June.
- Denise Yapp Contemporary Art, Monmouthshire Mini Solo Show May.
- Panter & Hall at 20|21 International Art Fair, Royal College of Art, London 14th - 17th May.
- Panter & Hall at Affordable Art Fair Battersea, London. 10th - 15th Mar.
- Gallerina, Darlington, County Durham ongoing show
- Denise Yapp Contemporary Art, Monmouthshire Christmas Exhibition.
- Ffin Y Parc, Llanrwst, North Wales Winter Show.
- Mall Galleries, "New Lights" exhibition 15th-20th Sept.
- Room of work in Summer Show at Ffin Y Parc, Llanrwst. 20th Jul - 13th Aug.
- Denise Yapp Contemporary Art, Monmouthshire. Summer Exhibition.
- Swinton Park, Yorkshire. Solo exhibition. Jun - Nov.
- "Affordable Art" Exhibition RCA, Conwy.
- New Lights Prize exhibition The Biscuit Factory, Newcastle.
- Second studio due to open in Summer in Harrogate, Yorkshire.
- Christmas mixed exhibition at Ffin Y Parc, Llanrwst 1st Dec - 28th Jan.
- New Lights Prize exhibition at The Mercer Gallery, Harrogate.
- Solo show at Oriel Ffin Y Parc, Llanrwst 27th Oct - 20th Nov
- 20|21 International Art Fair, Royal College of Art, Kensington Gore London. 9th - 12th May. Represented by Cricket Fine Art.
- Affordable Art Fair, New York. 4th - 7th April. Represented by Cricket Fine Art.
- Affordable Art Fair, Battersea. 7th - 10th March. Represented by Cricket Fine Art.
- Chris Holmes Decorative Interiors, Harrogate. Ever changing exhibition of very latest works.
- Royal Cambrian Academy Academicians’ Christmas Exhibition 9th November - 19th January.
- Lady Tavener's Exhibition at the Long Room Eaton Estate, Chester. Tuesday 16th October.
- Kyffin Williams Drawing Prize. First Prize Winning painting "Beina" at Oriel Kyffin Williams, Anglesey. 20th October - 20th January 2013.
- Exhibition at Brownlow Furniture, Great Barrow. September 13th - October 8th.
- Royal Cambrian Academy The 130th Annual Summer Exhibition 13th June - 16th September, 2012
- Royal Cambrian Academy Member's Exhibition "Elegance of Line"
- RCA Open Exhibition 31st March - 12th May
- Exhibition of works at Staacks Gallery, West Kirby from August 2nd for a month
- "Cheshire Life Magazine" February feature. Three page spread on life and work.
- "Concept for Living" Magazine September feature - Three page spread on life and work.
- Invited to exhibit latest works in the Florence Biennale 5 – 13th December 2009 by the internal committee.
My participation in the exhibition is sponsored by Rick Parry Chief Executive of Liverpool Football Club and supported by George Davies (GIVe, George at ASDA).
- Exhibition of work at Artroom Gallery Parkgate from 9th August to 30th September
- Art Teacher part-time at South Trafford College, Altrincham, Manchester. Life drawing classes for Foundation Year level – ages 18-64.
- Woodmansterne publish artwork.
- Artwork also published by Pauntley Prints, Blink Red and Catch Publishing.
- Topshop Graduate Fashion Week, London. Final degree show catwalk showcasing prints.
- F!rst Point Magazine feature as up coming talent. Magazine available in the Tate and Hayward Galleries.
- "Changing Rooms" BBC - worked with Oliver Heath utilising my “Supernatural” RSA award winning print in his interiors.
- Accepted at The Royal College of Art for Printed Textile MA.
- RSA Fashion Fabric “Supernatural” Project wins “The Draper’s Company Travel Award” and Fellowship of the RSA awarded.
- Designer at Edmond Taylor Textile Design, London, producing high-end contemporary Womenswear textile designs.
- Young Cheshire Artists In Tuscany, Italy. Representing Upton High and up and coming artists of Cheshire.